APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 24
Start your application: www.teachforamerica.org/apply
Teach For America is developing a movement of leaders who will help drive change at every level of our education system toward the goal of closing the opportunity gap in America. These leaders start their paths as corps members who teach for two years in urban and rural high-need communities and help students make the academic progress that expands their opportunities. Deeply affected by their teaching experience, our alumni continue to advocate for students and build lasting change in many different roles and fields.
What is Teach For America: Video
The Basics and Benefits of Teach For America:
- All academic majors and backgrounds
· Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits
· Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their leadership and impact
· Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 50 regions
· All grade levels (preK-12) and subjects including ELL and SpEd
· Possible AmeriCorps Education Award of $11,100 and loan deferment/forbearance
· Option to earn your certification and/or Masters in Education/teaching
· DACA recipients are eligible to apply. Learn more here.