Truman and Udall Leadership Scholarships Campus Application Deadline: November 19, 2013
Upcoming Information Sessions:
4:00 – 4:50 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013, 173R MGH
- 3:00 – 3:50 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, 173R MGH
- 1:00 – 1:50 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013, 173R MGH
The Harry S. Truman and Morris K. Udall Scholarships offer great opportunities to students actively involved on their campus and in their communities.
The Truman is open to all juniors and seniors who expects to receive a baccalaureate degree between December 2014 and August 2015 and who wish to pursue graduate school in preparation for work in government and public service. The Truman Foundation awards selected students $30,000 for graduate school.
- Applicants for the Truman Scholarship must meet the following:
1. Must be in the upper quarter of their junior class;
2. Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national;
3. Has an extensive record of public and community service; and
4. Is committed to a career in government or elsewhere in public service,
The Udall awards students who have a strong commitment to improving or preserving the environment or a strong commitment to Native American Tribal Policy and health care policy. The Udall Foundations awards selected students up to $5000 and honorable mentions of $300.
- Applicants for the Udall Scholarship must meet the following:
1. Must be a sophomore or junior at time of application;
2. Have a college GPA of a “B” or the equivalent;
3. Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and
4. Has an extensive record of environmental public and community services; and/or engagement in Native American tribal community service or Native health.
For more information, please see the Truman or Udall websites:
And check out the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards webpage for the campus application process: