Teach for America Information Session with Peace Corps, Americorps and City Year: Tuesday, January 29, 6:00-7:30 PM, Thomson 125
Application Office Hours: Friday, January 11, 2:00-4:00 PM, Mary Gates Hall Career Center
Application Deadline: Friday, January 11, 8:59 PM PST, register and start your application today
All kids deserve the chance to reach their full potential—but today, only 8% of students growing up in poverty graduate from college by age 24, compared with 80% of students in more affluent areas. This limits life options, affects families and communities, and has significant social and economic implications for our country.
Teach For America is a part of building the national movement to change this. We know it’s possible to give all kids a great education and the opportunities that come with it. By teaching for two years in Teach For America’s corps, you will join thousands of leaders helping students in low-income communities make the academic progress that will expand their opportunities for the future. You’ll develop the leadership skills, perspective, and commitment that will drive you to be a lifelong advocate for justice and you’ll build relationships with fellow corps members and others in your community working to meet this specific challenge in education.
This year, 10,400 corps members are teaching in 46 regions across the country, while nearly 28,000 Teach For America alumni continue working from inside and outside the field of education for the changes necessary to make a great education a reality for all.
You have the power to change things. Apply to the 2013 corps.
The Basics of Teach For America:
· Corps members are full-time teachers
· Training, support and career development opportunities including a master’s degree pathway
· Option to preference regional placement (46 regions across 35 states) and teaching assignment (preK-12, all content areas)
· Full salary ranging from $25,500 to $51,000 plus benefits
· Student loan assistance (access to AmeriCorps education grant and federal loan deferral)
· All majors and career interests encouraged to apply, regardless of teaching experience