About.com is looking for skilled linguistic annotators to perform data annotation tasks. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of grammar, sentence structure, understanding of parts of speech, and command of US English. The ideal candidate has experience in linguistics, particularly syntax at the university level. This position calls for a motivated and meticulous data annotator who is both accurate and efficient.
– Annotate and bracket syntactic phrases.
– Verify and correct part of speech annotation for accuracy.
– Thorough understanding of linguistics (especially syntax), preferably through academic experience.
– Access to a reliable Internet connection.
– Native US English speaker.
– Social media savvy.
– Able to commit to at least 20 hours a week.
– Self-motivated and able to work independently.
– Strong communication and time management skills in multiple mediums (email, IM, Skype, phone).
This is a temporary part time position that is expected to last three to four weeks based on candidate’s experience.
Competitive hourly rate of $15 to $20 based on demonstrated ability and experience.
Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2012 (Open until filled)