Alumnae Board Scholarship – due Sunday, March 25, 2012
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Washington Alumnae Board is a VOLUNTEER organization that provides ONE YEAR of full tuition scholarship funds (at the day-time student rate) for Washington state residents who will be or are attending the University of Washington as an undergraduate. Recipients are selected on the basis of FINANCIAL NEED, SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENTS, LEADERSHIP, COMMUNITY SERVICE, and a demonstrated STRONG WORK ETHIC.
- Resident of Washington at time of application.
- Have never received a UWAB scholarship before
- Undergraduate (any year), including transfer students, whom have not obtained a Bachelor’s degree.
- Will be or is attending the University of Washington – Seattle Campus in the upcoming year.
- Those entering as Freshmen or from Running Start programs should have a GPA of 3.5 and above.
- Sophomore, Junior, and Senior applicants should have a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- Combined SAT scores over 1,600 OR ACT scores over 22.
- Parents’ 2011 adjusted gross income below $95,000.
- All applicants must apply for 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Legacy Scholarship – due Friday, March 30, 2012
Questions may be directed to Jill Edinger at (206) 543-0540
The University of Washington Alumni Association offers a Legacy Scholarship Program designed to encourage and support children and grandchildren of alumni to continue their family’s connection to the University – their UW legacy. Up to three $2,500 awards will be given to recipients selected on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, leadership activities and community service. These are “one-time” awards and are not automatically renewed for the subsequent year, although students are welcome to reapply.
- Undergraduate juniors or seniors, including transfer students, but not current degree holders
- Will attend the University of Washington as a full-time student in the Fall of 2012
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need as confirmed by UW Student Financial Services
- Demonstrated campus/community service involvement
- Sponsored by a parent or grandparent who is a University of Washington graduate and a current member of the Alumni Association
Application forms with complete information are attached and online at http://www.washington.edu/alumni/meet/groups/uwab/scholarships.html.